Disability Insurance Protects

Against The Loss Of Your Income

Most people know the importance of protecting assets they've worked hard for.  But many individuals forget to protect the asset that makes it all possible --- their income.

If you experienced a disability and were unable to work, your income could be at risk, along with many of  the things you own.  How could you pay your bills, and continue to provide for your family?

The answer is Long Term Disability (LTD).  With Long Term Disability you have the security of knowing that if you experience a disability, your income will continue.

The Odds May Surprise You

The fact is, disability happens more frequently than people realize and can interrupt earnings for months or even years. In some cases, disability can result in the need for costly extended care.

Statistics show that:

  • One in five Americans will experience a disability that lasts five years or more between the ages of 35 and 65.1
  • Among individuals aged 17 to 44, severe disabilities have increased 400% over the past 25 years. 2
  • Nearly one in four Americans will need long term care at some point in their lives.3
  • Disability is 166 times more likely to result in foreclosure of a home than death or a financial crisis. 4
  • Protection Now And For The Future

    You can guard against losing your income to disability with a comprehensive LTD product for you or your company.

    Workers' Compensation

    Putting disability insurance in place also can reduce the number of "Monday morning workers' compensation claims".  If the worker doesn't have disability to fall back on they will naturally try to rely on workers' compensation.

    Cost

    Did you know that if the company sponsors the LTD plan you can get better benefits at over 60% lower prices?  Another way to lower cost is to do a list bill on 3 or  more employees with individual LTD or STD.  This strategy also saves about 60% off normal individual rates.
    Another interesting fact is that disability insurance for groups is usually a lower cost item than your group dental plan.  Which one is more valuable?

    11987 Commissioner Group Disability Table, Society of Actuaries.  2The Disability Management Sourcebook, Gail E. Schwartz, M.P.H., Sara D. Watson, M.P.P., Donald E. Galvin, Ph.D., and Elise Lipoff, Fall 1989.  3U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  4U.S. Government Housing and Home Finance Agency.

    For Quotes Please fill out the appropriate request form

    Disability & Life Quote (Group) Request Form

    Individual Disability Quote Request Form

    Long-Term Care Protects

    Your Family from Your Long-Term Care Needs

    "This won't happen to me".  Statistics show the need for Long-Term Care is greater than 50%.  Most of us will need home care, not nursing home care, because most long-term care is not in a nursing home.  Only 20% of elderly individuals who need help with activities of daily living require institutional care.  The remaining 80% receive care in a home or community setting like adult day care.

    Why should I insure the risk?  The average cost for long-term care is over $50,000 a year.  This amount is expected to triple in 20 years.  Would you want to use all the assets you've spent a lifetime creating to cover this need?  It seems smarter to use pennies now to insure the risk instead of using whatever the true cost will be after inflation and time multiplies the cost way up.  (Pennies now versus dollars plus later) 

    "I will have Medicare cover this".  Medicare is designed to cover acute needs only - not housekeeping, dressing and other daily tasks.  It will not pay for home health care, assisted living or adult day care.  You have to be poor to get government help.  This means you must spend down your assets to about $2,000 to qualify for welfare benefits (MEDICAID).  If you do qualify, your income is not protected, because Medicaid only pays what your income can't pay.  The availability of a bed determines the location of a facility for Medicaid.  This often is not the closest or most convenient for you and your family.

    How long can I wait to buy long-term care insurance?  As with other insurance, the younger when the policy is begun, the lower the premiums will be.  An older age usually means more severe medical conditions and may be more difficult to qualify.  Long-term care want couples because they have a built-in caregiver.  For this reason, couples receive significant discounts.

    A long-term care policy may be the only way to care for aging parents without giving up a career, using children's college funds or the family inheritance.  It helps to ensure that a family member will be able to pay for dignified, qualified care when living independently is no longer an option.

    Please complete and submit our Long Term Care quote request form for your free evaluation.

    Long-Term Care (Group) Request Form

    Long-Term Care (Individual) Request Form